Sunday, January 1, 2017

Happy New Year!

Can you believe it's 2017?  It will probably
be Summer before I remember to
write that.  I hope everyone had a
nice Christmas and that this year
will bring you all kinds of great things.
 Robin and I had a wonderful visit.
It was nice having someone around.
A lot less lonely.  B'Elanna loved the
backrubs, too.  Aunt Robin gives the best!
I've had a chance to make some cards.

This card uses two dies that I got with
a gift card my friend got me to Hobby Lobby.
It's a larger card, 4x6, because the corner
die just is too big for the standard size.  There's
no room left to put anything.  I would have
liked to have used green ribbon but all I
had was some thin ribbon and I wasn't
going to go out just to get that.  Or worse,
find something else I couldn't live without!
I am beginning my New Year by stepping
out of the boat and keeping my eyes on Jesus.
I'm going to be facing the congregation this
morning to sign one song, "This I believe"
So if you read this before 1030, pray that I
trust God rather than myself to sign it
well.  I can sign it no problem, but the 
"I believe's" I sometimes mix up.  Once I
make one mistake I tend to panic and
make more.  But if I keep my eyes on
Him I won't sink into the water.  Besides,
I'm not going to be perfect, no one is.
I just need to do my best and once the
first time is over it will get easier.  I
don't think I'm ready to sign all the songs
from one service, though.  Baby steps.
One of the songs we are singing is 
VERY fast!  Even experienced I don't
know how they keep up.
Have a great Sunday and even better New Year!

1 comment:

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...