Thursday, September 29, 2016

A word of thanks

First I would like to thank Hobby Lobby
for moving in practically next door to
me so I have no money left at the end of
the month.  It's all their fault.  Secondly, I 
would like to thank my new friend, Kat,
who is the ultimate enabler.    She posted 
a few cards she made recently and used
Tim Holtz's mixed media dies.  I've seen
them in Hobby Lobby but wasn't sure
how it would look on a card.  Well....
thanks to them moving here, I ran up
and got a set.  There's another set I 
would like, of course, but won't get them
right now because I'm so broke I can't
pay attention.  Anyway, here is the card
I made with one of the dies.  It's a set of 4.


I really like how it turned out, but I wish
I'd used a little darker portion of the
hombre cardstock to make the hello.
Another use of this same die for the inside
of the journal I showed yesterday:


I'm absolutely thrilled with how this turned out!
Now, before I go further, I must clean my desk
because I can't find the bottom of it to work
on.  I have so many projects going on at a
time because I am always wanting to try something
I've seen and haven't finished the project before.
I do finish them eventually, though.  
 
I need to work on my assignment for next
Monday's class, too.  it has some words
I'm not familiar with and can't seem to keep
the sign in my head for some reason.  
 
One more picture in closing:
 

You can't see her face super well,
but this is Bri dressed up as Hermoine 
for Harry Potter day.  Isn't she just
the cutest?  Oh, to be that young again.
At 16 I had already royally screwed up
my life and haven't figured out how to fix 
it yet, unfortunately.  At this point I
think it's just a little late.
 


8 comments:

  1. You are sooo welcome!! The other set of dies is by Memory Box and called Distressed Addington Collage. Happy Hunting!!!! Kat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kat! I've been looking all over for them. No wonder I couldn't find them under Tim Holtz, lol

      Delete
  2. Love your new creations! And, Bri, she is a darling! So petite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bri is beautiful and I was lucky and made it to 17 but that was it before I became an adult who had to make it on my own. Thankfully sans-serif kids but still tough. You do pretty well all things considered, I think. The cards are lovely. We love and miss you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. miss you guys too. Since I was there, it's your turn to come this way.

      Delete

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...