Thursday, January 5, 2017

Japanese beauty

I love geisha pictures.  I was looking
for something else and came across
a stamp of a geisha.  It's been a long
time since I made an Asian card so
I thought it was high time I used the
stamp.


It would have been better if I
had had any coins left, but I had to
make do, so this is a stamp
embossed in gold.  The geisha
is embossed in gold as well.  The 
bamboo is embossed in clear.  I think
it makes a neat background.
 
I had an interview yesterday to be
an interpreter for a young man who
just transferred from another state.
I can't imagine I would get the job
because I'm too slow, but it was
fun to interview.  I understood most
of what the ASL teacher was signing.
I had to ask her to repeat one thing:
"what was your favourite class in
school"  I fingerspelled English and
said I didn't know the sign.  Yes, I
did.  It is the same sign for England.
The problem is, once I learn a sign
for a certain word I have trouble thinking
that it is a sign for another word as well.
The first time I realized this was with
the words worthy and important.
They both mean the same thing.  The
same sign.  But I learned it as worthy
so I didn't put it together that it
meant something else as well.
I work on that, saying to myself other
words the sign could represent when
I'm practicing.  But it was a great
experience, and I'm glad I went.
Technically I would only be a fascilitator
since I'm not licensed as an interpreter
and I'm NOT an interpreter, LOL.
Pam has far more faith in me than I do.
 
Two more pictures I thought I 
would share:
 

I know how they both feel!!!
 
 
Happy Thursday!
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Love your 'Geisha" card! And, an interpreter job??!! I knew God had something planned for your signing classes! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, but I'm thinking He just wants me to be willing....I hope! LOL

    ReplyDelete

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...