Monday, January 16, 2017

Hummingbirds are back!

Well, not in real life, but in a card.


I was pleased with how this turned
out.  I would have liked to have had
an extra mat on it but if I'd made the
pattern any smaller it would have
been difficult to prick the holes. 
I like how it turned out.  
The centers of the flowers are
gold seed beads.
I would like to say I did great on 
the song yesterday.  The truth is I
don't remember!  Apparently I practiced
the first part of it backwards.  So I
saw Coleen do it backwards from me
and I got all turned around.  I have
no idea if I messed it up or not.  I just
pray God took my hands and signed
the song for me!    Coleen was going
through the song list for the next two
months and asking Judy and me which
ones we wanted to do.....there are a
couple I'm fairly sure about.  I need to
learn more of them, I guess.  But little
by little is good.  I have an issue with
having to be able to do it as perfectly
as possible or I'm not even going to
try it.  Up front, that is.  I know,
I know.  Other people (other than the
signers) have no clue if you mess up
or not.  But I know.  I need to get
over that.  I need to just trust that
God has this and let Him do the rest.
Something I need to work on in
2017.  "I trust you, Jesus".  That
was something from a devotion in
the book "Jesus calling".  My brother and
sister in law gave that to me a few years
ago and you can read it every year and
still get something new out of it.  By
the time you get to December you've
forgotten what was in January anyway!
I see on weatherbug that we have a
chance at thunderstorms tomorrow!
I'm not believing it, of course, but a
girl can dream.
Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...