Saturday, January 7, 2017

dragonfly wishes

I made this dragonfly for a different
card.  I can't remember why I didn't
use it, but it was still sitting on
the desk so I made this card around it.


This is more of the marbeled paper.
It is so pretty, but there's limited
things  you can do with it and
not have it overwhelm the image.
I need to play more with  it.

I didn't get the signing job, and 
didn't expect to.  They decided to go
with a certified interpreter.  I think
they probably get funding that way
and besides, the kid is much better
off with someone who knows what
they're doing.  But I'm very glad I
went It was a good and positive
experience.  Pam said she was 
proud of me for trying and I'm
proud of myself because it was
a kind of scary thing to attempt.
I just need to keep learning and
maybe this is where God is
leading me.  Maybe not.  It
was never my intention to become
an interpreter, but I also wasn't
 sure why I was learning it.  I'm 
open to whatever God brings my
way with the signing or with anything
else in my life.

It is so cold I actually slept in socks,
leggings and a long sleeved shirt.
Usually I get too hot.  It's only
62 in here.  But when I was complaining
to God about it (because I'm an
expert complainer) I was suddenly
struck by the fact that there are
some people who don't even HAVE a
home. 62 degrees of heat would be 
like Heaven to them.  So I'm just
trying to keep warm and keep my
mouth shut.  Someone who is NOT
keeping their mouth shut is Lili.
She is quite annoyed at being in
her cage since she didn't get out
yesterday.  I never got home from
lunch until almost 6 pm.  But I'm
about to tape her beak shut.  Luna
is being quiet for a change!!!

Happy Saturday!

4 comments:

  1. Love this card! It s beautiful! I give you a lot of credit for interviewing for the job. I've always thought God was guiding you to be an interpreter. (even thought you'd be a news reporter for the deaf?) What is the outside temp? It's even cold in FL. 26 tonight and high only 50! Come on Spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 26 would be a heat wave for us. This morning (8 January) it is 8 degrees. It's funny you say that about interpreting because I've had two other people
      ask if that's what I plan to do. I just keep saying I'm waiting on God to show me. He will, when it's the right time. Thanks for the encouragement!!

      Delete
  2. sorry about the job, but proud of you for trying. That is a big step! Like the card. Stay warm. It was 51 in the house when I got up this morning. Do you have flannel sheets? You should get some they make the bed lots warmer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karen. It was 62 in here yesterday and I was freezing so I 'm glad I don't live with you!! No, I don't have flannel sheets. We used to have them as
      kids and I just hated them. I got way too hot. My body thermostat is just now recovering from menopause! I can finally wear sweatshirts!!

      Delete

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...