Friday, January 27, 2017

Winter is back

Fortunately all we got was a very
light dusting of snow.  I  heard
possibly 1-2 inches.  I'm sure it's
not over.  I'd prefer it wasn't on 
the weekend as I have a lot to do....

So to bring Spring a little closer,
another hummingbird card.  It
didn't turn out the way I meant
for it to so I had to revise my
idea.  The paper I got at JoAnn's
and is called glitzy glitter.  I
ordinarily don't use paper like
this because it's hard to adhere
anything to it, but this is flat and 
accepts adhesives.


That's some serious bling, huh?  I like
it but a little goes a long way and I
think the entire mat being that
paper is probably too much.    Trial
and error.  But I still like it.  This time
I remembered to chalk the bird.
You can see light pink along the
throat and belly.

 
Tonight is the deaf chat.  I wish
I could get over my shyness with
people I don't know and get more
confidence in my signing.  One lady
talked to me a little last time, but
I have a tendency to not put myself
out there if the people are deaf
or hearing.  You'd think as much
as I've been there I'd be better
at it, but I'm not.  I mostly just
watch, but that improves
my receptive skills so it's not
like it's a waste of time or
anything.  If I see her tonight
I've determined that I will smile
and say hello to her.  I always worry
that people will think I'm standoffish
when I'm actually just shy.  Now, anyone
who knows me will say I am NOT shy,
but given the circumstances of not
knowing people and also not being
secure in my signing makes me
that way.  Or if I'm in a crowd and
new experience for instance, going
to a new church or dinner party, etc.
Enough of that!  I'm going to hit
the treadmill.
 
Happy Friday!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...