Sunday, March 26, 2017

gemstone flourish


While I was at Hobby Lobby the other 
day they had tons of things
on sale and the gemstone flourishes
were one of them.  These are beautiful 
to use on journals, but I found some
that were small enough to look very nice 
on a card.  And on pinterest I found
a really neat embossing technique
where you emboss a card, then
turn it over, stagger it a little  and
re-emboss it.  It does flatten the
first image somewhat, but it
gives you a really cool embossed/
debossed image.  Put the two together
and voila!  Here's the card.


Isn't that cool?  I'll have to play around
with a couple other folders and see if
they look good.  I saw one card with 
embossed pine trees, then she debossed
it and it looked really nice.  I don't happen
to have that one, but I have others that
might work.
It is supposed to be only 59 today.  
Yesterday it was in the high 60's and
warm in the morning.  It's all rainy
and chilly today.  With a cold
breeze to move the cold along.
Welcome to Spring, I guess. 
Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...