Thursday, September 22, 2016

Supervision, please


These crazy birds are, well, crazy!  I 
found some stamps with sayings on them
just for the birds and just typed them out
rather than get the stamps.  I know exactly
who I'm going to send this to and she will
appreciate this.  She's nuts just like me.
Must be why we get along so well!

Yesterday I went to the cardiologist
with my dad.  While we were there they
did an echocardiogram.  It was absolutely
fascinating.  When Nathan was young and
had them they didn't let parents in to watch.
While she was doing dad's, she showed me 
what would have shown up on Nathan's;
where the blood would have gone, between
the chambers of the heart, (ventricular septal defect)
the aortic flap that was opening but not closing
and where the coarctation (narrowing) of
the aorta would have been located.  They
drew me pictures in the hospital, but it
was really interesting seeing it on an
actual echo. Dad has A-fib but beyond that
his heart seems to be strong, so that was
good to hear.  I just marveled at the intricacies
of God's masterpiece.  We don't even think
about our hearts unless something goes
wrong.  It's astounding to see an actual heart
and understand that this could not have come
about by chance.  Nothing this intricate could
have just "happened".  I don't know how
people who see things like this can't see
that this is something only God Almighty
could have created!


2 comments:

  1. Great news about your dad! What does he have to do for the A-Fib? When I doubt Him, it's all the wonder of this world that make me believe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There really isn't much you can do about it. He's getting a med but I'm afraid it will slow his heart too much. The other option if this doesn't work is to shock his heart back into normal rhythm.

    ReplyDelete

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...