Monday, September 26, 2016

Faith, trust and strength

It's interesting that Philippians 4:13 

13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.

was presented to me twice yesterday.  Once
through a text from a friend and the verse
popped into my head as I was reading it.
The second time during the movie "God's
not dead" which was shown for the first
time last night on the UP (Uplifting) channel.
I really believe that God brings things to 
us in all sorts of ways just to remind us
that He's there guiding us and giving us
strength to do what He has called us to
do.  Yesterday in church I signed the
songs the best I could, some OK, some
not so well.  They didn't even do "We
believe",  the only one I thought I could
do halfway decently!  But He gave me
the strength to try and encouragement
from friends and I can't ask for more.

This card is for a friend who encourages me
 every chance she gets and 
I just want her to know how much 
that means to me. 


On to other things, I wish I had taken a
picture of my neighbor's trees the other
day.  They were so pretty, all dressed in
white-toilet paper, that is!!  They don't have
any kids that I know of and that's usually
why someone gets tp'd, but you know,
it really is kind of pretty in a weird way
to have all these white streamers hanging
from trees!

Tonight is class and I'm going to  need
an extra prayer or two.  I will probably
practice once or twice more, but
I think there is such a thing as over
practicing, too, so I'm just going to
be prepared but not stress myself out.
Or at least try not to!  Believe it
or not, I'm actually looking forward
to it.  Kind of.  I can't seem to make
up my mind which way it goes.  
It depends on the time of day, I guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...