Sunday, September 25, 2016

Let's hear it for friendship

I consider myself fortunate to have
many friends that I know I can count
on in any situation.  I hope they know
they can count on me as well.  To have
a friend you have to be a friend, right?  
I try to be the best friend I can be.


This card came out pretty well.  The first
time I made it I made the music background
waaaay too dark.  So I redid it and stamped
off once before I stamped it on the card.  
Now it's just visible without being obnoxious.

I'm looking forward to church today as always.
If I can stay awake that is.  I had trouble sleeping
last night and as is always the way, I started to
sleep well very early in the morning.  Promptly
at 450 am my carbon monoxide alarm started
chirping.  Chirp................Chirp..............Chirp.
Well, I knew what the problem was, it wanted
new batteries.  As soon as I replaced them
it shut up.  Meanwhile, I was wide awake.  Sigh.

I've been working on my assignment for
tomorrow's class.  This is what I have to
interpret:

Fortunately they will be reading it
sentence by sentence so you can interpret
it after they read the sentence.  I think
I will do OK.  In "real" interpreting, you are,
of course, not afforded the chance to read 
and learn what the person is going to say
ahead of time.  I recorded myself saying it
(my voice sounds terrible on a recording!)
and pause it after each sentence. I still
falter on a couple of words that I know 
but for some reason have trouble recalling
quickly, but other than that, I think I'll
get through it.  The interpreting isn't even 
the biggest hurdle, I don't think.  It's probably
 going to be nerves getting up in front of everyone.
I've survived so far, lol, so I guess I'll get 
through this too.   I guarantee you one thing:
Nehemiah is getting a sign name!  Finger spelling
that name every time will take me hours
and the class is only two hours long!


2 comments:

  1. The card is very pretty! Sounds to me like you are practicing very hard! I know you will be successful as you are prepared!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the vote of confidence! I hope I do well.

    ReplyDelete

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...