Saturday, September 3, 2016

Smoothie anyone?

When I was in North Carolina I
got a membership to Sam's club and
while there I got a magic bullet.  Robin has one
and it made such great smoothies.
I discovered a better recipe than the
fruit ones though.  I mean, fruit is good
but chocolate is better!  Am I right?!
Here is the recipe I found:

1 tbs dark chocolate chips
1 tbs Hersheys unsweetened cocoa
splash of vanilla
2/3 c. silk almond milk
1 frozen banana

It is soooooo good.  The recipe calls
for 1/2 c. almond milk but I found that
it wasn't enough liquid.  I suppose it
depends on your appliance.
I want one right now!  It's
so cold and delicious-and gives
me an ice cream headache
because I drink it so fast!

Today I have two journals that
I made with the stitching card patterns.
I love how they turned out and since my
"friend" Karen keeps reminding everyone
on facebook how close Christmas is
there's no reason not to start a few
things.  Thanks, a lot, Karen, lol.
I bet you will recognize the embellishments
on one of the journals.  Thanks for sending
them.  If you ever see anymore, grab them
for me, they are awesome!



I think they turned out so well.  I just love
making these journals.  I hope the people
who get them actually like writing a few
things down!  I used to keep a journal
and now and then even write a few entries
these days, but not like when I was young.
But these can be used for whatever-lists,
etc.  I stopped at the dollar store to get
some for 1.00 each which is a good price
and they were out.  So I went to Meijer and 
they had them on sale for 50 cents each
for school!  I grabbed about 8 of them.  You
sure can't beat that price!  The pattern set
also includes a pattern for Mary, baby Jesus
and a shepherd.  I loved it until I got a close
up look at it.  The faces look goofy.  So I
doubt anyone will get one of those.

Harry Potter weekend started last night.
I've seen them all a million times, but there's
nothing on TV on the weekends anyway
so why not watch them again.  My daughter
in law, Pam, says it seems to her that every
time she comes over to visit Harry Potter is on!
It's the only thing I watch, Pam!  Honestly!!  
Besides soap operas, that is.  What can I say?
I'm hooked.

4 comments:

  1. They are beautiful! So glad to help you start planning Christmas early! LOL The smoothie sounds wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  2. The journals are really pretty! started Christmas already?! Good for you... Not a smoothie person :(. But it sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate the thought of Christmas, partly because of Christmas and partly because of the cold. But I do love to give gifts, so I thought I'd better get busy, lol.

    ReplyDelete

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...