Friday, September 23, 2016

Limitations

No, not limitations like most people
think.  Just listen to this bird!


I know a couple people in my life that at
times I could have said this to. John 
would be on that list...lol.  This is the first
time I've tried using a die and having part
of the image outside of it.  I'm not sure I
actually did it right, but it worked, so that's
what counts, I guess.  I had to cut up the tail
and then put that on the outside of the die when
I cut the oval.  I had to cut up much farther 
than I expected but when I adhered it
you can't tell anyway.

I need to go get some gas for my lawnmower
and mow the back 40.  Both of my neighbors
have mowed their lawns so I don't even have
to think about the property line (sidewalk
to sidewalk) because I just follow where they
have been.  Easy peasy.  Years ago we had
a commissioner or whatever the heck he was
who decided to enforce the law that if you
did improvements on your house you had to
put in sidewalks.  Quite an expense because we
have a corner lot.  Consequently Fremont has
many, many sidewalks to nowhere, ours being
among them.  John was just beside himself and
even called our lawyer to see if it was legal.
Unfortunately it was one of those laws that 
nobody pays any attention to but is still on the
books.  Around the corner some folks had
their fence blown down in a high wind and
had to put in sidewalks when they fixed it!  It
was a tall fence so I imagine they had to pull
a permit to do it.  Obey the law and get
penalized.  That's how it works in Fremont
anyway.  How did I get on that?  The
guy didn't last long around here.  We sent
him packing to Clear Lake!!  That's the
next town over. 

So, with that I will get myself around and
go do my chores.  I hope everyone has
an awesome Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...