Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Blessings

I can't tell you how grateful I am that I didn't
 chicken out and not take the interpreter
 prep class. I have left both weeks feeling
encouraged and blessed.  Pam  even said I 
was impressing her!  I am really timid and
shy about signing especially in front of
people I don't know well and there
are several there.  But I just feel very
surrounded by love and acceptance. I 
expect the rest of the classes to be 
the same way.  Maybe God is trying
to tell me something??  I still don't feel
particularly led to interpret at this time
but perhaps that's why He had Pam offer
the class.  We had to get up in front of
everyone to do our verse.  I was sure I
would be able to hear my heart pounding
but surprisingly I was fairly comfortable.
I am surprising myself so much.  I was
also encouraged by several people saying
that they had difficulty with receptive skills
also.  I don't feel so inadequate when I hear
that I'm not the only one.  I expect too much
from myself sometimes.  It's a flaw.  Consequently,
I didn't understand much of the others' signing.  
But.  We have a deaf boy in the class.   He
is 18 so I guess he's not a boy, but he is to 
me.  I will call him a young man.
Anyway, I understood everything he 
signed!  Go figure! 

Yes, I have a card to show.  :)


This card came out exactly as I imagined
it.  That's so rare.  The only thing is that
I was planning to put the flower rhinestone
on the right side down just a little but somehow
it ended up almost even with the one on the left.
I tried moving it  but you could see
the glue when I did that.  They aren't self
adhesive.  So I guess I have to leave it as
is.  Maybe I'll scatter one or two along the
lattice.  Now that I look at it on the computer
it might  look pretty good that way.


 

2 comments:

  1. Love the card! Congratulations on your class! You never know unless you try...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank. You are right, Nancy, and several people have given me the same advice! ;) You're in great company.

      Delete

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...