Sunday, September 18, 2016

More early Halloween

This is it for the Halloween
cards.  Then it's back to
Christmas again because I
have three new patterns for
that.   I know you're going to
love this first one, Karen!!



The only thing I think could have been
better is if the pattern had had legs
in the witch's shoes.  I probably could
have winged something (maybe not)
but I never thought of it until I looked at
it completed.  It's cute nontheless.
 
Yesterday only 4 people were at the
class including Pam, who teaches the
class I was taking and Coleen who was
going to teach the beginners.  So we 
talked for a while and then an hour
later someone else came in.  We ended
up going over vocabulary for the first
couple of chapters.  Even though this
person has taken the class several
times she's not retaining the information.
But it was good for us to have
a refresher course.  There were a
few words I couldn't remember!   After
class Pam, Coleen and I went to 
lunch and I enjoyed that very much.  Judy
is camping so couldn't join us.  They
are all great ladies and so 
encouraging to me.
 
I think I'm going to be going over to
my mom's and vacuum and start going
through her closets.  She says it's in
my best interest to do it now....lol.
I always call first, though, because she
might not feel up to having company.
Any way you look at it I'll be doing
some kind of work because the lawn
needs to be mowed.  It rained pretty
good yesterday and the grass is
a very pretty green.  I am enjoying it
while it lasts.  I keep asking God to
make it warm all year long.  I've probably
said this before, but I'm pretty sure
I can hear Him laughing.  I know the
cycle of life, blah, blah, blah.  Florida
seems to do just fine without the freezing
cold weather every year.  I did hear the
other day though, that the reason we
have winter is because of the tilt of 
the Earth.  I always thought it was
because our part of the country was
closest to the sun but that's not the 
case.  It's the way the Earth tilts
away from the sun that causes winter.
  Science lesson for the day.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...