Sunday, September 4, 2016

Fancy fold

I saw this fold the other day and I don't
think I've ever made one like
it.  Maybe close.  Maybe I have
 made one like it.
As I get older the memory gets
worse.  What am I saying?  My
memory has always been terrible.
I have notes everywhere.  Notepads
everywhere.  I try to keep the notes in
some semblance of order, but I
can't find them most of the
time.  Which really defeats the
purpose if you think about it.




I think I have made one similar to this, but
the flap was on the left like a traditional
card.  This one has a card within a card like
that, but opens on the right, then tucks in the 
front flap.  I thought it was interesting.
It makes for a bit of a bulky card, but I don't
think it will cost any extra to send.

Bri is coming over today after clothes shopping
with her dad for a last overnight hurrah.  Michigan actually
sends their kids to school after labor day.  What
a novel idea!  I remember when we moved there
my parents didn't do their research and the
school had already started.  In August!  I
was horrified.  And school had already
started for the day so I walked in to
a classroom full of students.  Parents,
if you are going to yank your 16 year old
from everything she has known into a
blink-your-eyes-and-miss-it town, make
sure you do your research and don't make
her stand out any more than she already does.  
Interlopers are  not accepted in that town.
I hated the school, hated the kids and am
still to this day not too happy with my parents
for doing that to me.  

OK, now with that out
of my system for the moment, back to the
reason I started this....I have a project
in mind to do with her that I hope will
turn out and if so will post it tomorrow.
We have so much fun together and she
is (poor kid) so much like me it's scary!
We're going to go out for Chinese food, too.
We did that last time she was here and really
enjoyed it.  Except that she has gone vegetarian
for a year.  She quit drinking pop for a whole
year, too.  In those ways she is nothing like
me.  I don't understand people who only eat
veggies (I hate them) and worse, that
drink no pop.  Diet coke is a staple for
me.  If I didn't drink it I would shrivel
up and blow away from dehydration
because another thing I hate is water.
I have a lot of hates in my life.  I really
need to lighten up!

Off to get ready for church-which I don't
hate!  Have a great rest of the long weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Like the card. I didn't know your parents did that to you. How awful! I remember all the post it notes. You had a ton of them stuck to the inside front door in SC. Well maybe not a ton....but a lot!!!! You are right....it derails the system when you can't find the post it note! Have fun today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I still haven't gotten over it. Obviously. I don't remember them stuck to the inside of my door, but I don't doubt it a bit, lol. I remember you teasing me about it.

      Delete

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...