Thursday, September 8, 2016

75 degrees and snowmen

I don't know the exact temp, but the
news said it was supposed to be 75 this morning
and break the record of 71 degrees for
the warmest morning on this date.  I do
know it's been raining a little bit and was
sprinkling when I took B'Elanna out.  I'm
hoping for a thunderstorm but you know how
that goes; Goldilocks zone and all.....

So, even though I love the warm weather
I decided snowmen were the order of the
day.  These are just the cutest snowmen ever!


Yes, another journal.  Remember I said I
got them for 50 cents each? !
 

Sort of a matching card.  I decided the
violet didn't look as good as blue.  Actually
the pattern calls for confetti pink which I have
never been able to find, even on the internet.
I think when the patterns were designed it was
available or something.  Although it lists the same
colours on new patterns, too.  Maybe it's something
you can only find in the UK.  The blue fuzzy
yarn really makes it festive.  I don't think I sent
Christmas cards last year, or maybe just a few.
I'm not officially celebrating Christmas in that
I don't have a tree anymore and have no desire
to decorate, but I do love to stitch so I may as
well put it to good use and make some cards.

I am looking forward to dinner tonight with
my friend, Dianne.  I think we are finally over
our Mexican  phase.  We're going to a place
in town that serves both American and Chinese
food.  We always have American.  If I'm going
to eat Chinese food I like to go to the Great 
Wall buffet  so you can have a choice.  John and
I used to go there a lot.  We also used to go
to Olive Garden  frequently.  I miss going there.
I was talking to a friend yesterday who lost her
husband 3 months ago.  We were discussing
how life would go on but it would never be
the same again.  You've lost a part of yourself
and it can never be replaced.  You change.  It's
hard to explain even to yourself the change inside.
It will be two and a half years this month since 
John died and still some days it seems surreal.
I don't know how people get through things
like this without God to turn to.  Prayer was
the only thing I had some days to keep me
going.  I'm grateful that John is with God
and I would never ask him to come back
even if I could, but I wish he hadn't had to go.
 

2 comments:

  1. Love the snowmen!! So sorry for your loss. It has to be so hard.
    Enjoy dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute snowmen. Hot and muggy here also

    ReplyDelete

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...