Friday, September 9, 2016

Spiderwoman

I don't mind spiders.  As long as they
are not big, black or hairy.  Or in my
living space. The tree in my front yard
is considered my living space.  When I 
walked B'Elanna this morning I walked
right into a spider web from the tree to
the ground.  Not a big web, just strands, 
but that was more than enough.  I skirted 
around it on the way in and there was more
on the backside of the tree!  It seems the
entire tree is covered in a beginning web!  
I took the broom out and went around the
entire tree knocking out as much as I could
see, but if it reappears I will have to call
in backups.  I mean, how many spiders are 
in that tree and how big?  I know I have
American funnel spiders sometimes, but
I have only seen them on the bushes before
I cut them down and in the grass.  Do they
make webs in trees?  And it doesn't look like
the same type of web.  I feel very creepy 
crawly now.  I may end up jumping in the
shower.  Shiver.





Three more stitched cards.  I have no
clue what to do with them.  I just love making
them!  I know who I'm sending the birthday
card to.  It kind of looks like a guy card, so
I'm sending it to my grandson for his birthday
next month.  

It's really foggy out today.  I'm thinking  the
kids will have a two hour school delay. Then
they will have to make it up at the end of the year
and get one day (so far) less from their non
existent summer vacation.  I can't believe they
started on August 12th!  I don't remember when
they got out, but I'm sure it was the beginning
of June.  We used to get three whole months!

Tomorrow Cody is coming over for hot and
sour soup and to practice some signing with
me.  He said if I made the soup it would
"incentivize" him.  Did you know "incentivize"
is a word?  I didn't.  My computer didn't even
flag it just now!  It sounds like a made up word
that the dictionary people finally gave up and
added because people weren't going to quit 
using it!  Like "impactful"  What the heck?  Now
THAT word my computer flagged.  It is NOT
a word.  But people use it so it will no doubt
be added.  The word that drives me the
craziest, though, is "conversate"  You do NOT
"conversate".  You converse.  I swear.  People!
You need to learn your own language.  How
to use it and how to spell it!  Sorry if I offend
anyone, but I am the self appointed language police!

LOLOLOLOL!  YES!!!  I know LOL is not a word!
But it is an abbreviation and that doesn't count.
Since I am the language police I make the rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...