Friday, September 16, 2016

More stitching

I think I'm pretty much out of Christmas
patterns at this point, but here are
two more.  I love the way the metallic
thread looks but it's a real pain to work 
with.  The candle card is my favourite.



The deer looks a little goofy to me.
The red is supposed to be his nose, but
he must have his head tipped way down
or something.  I am in love with the
antlers, though!!  They are just so pretty.

I went with my friend to pizza hut last night
and tried their chicken ceasar salad.  I wasn't
super enthralled with it.  The chicken was good.
The dressing was tart, but it was mostly
big spinach leaves and I'm not crazy about
those.  They could have had a bigger
mixture of greens.  I guess when you go to
pizza hut you should just have pizza!

B'Elanna was a pretty good therapy dog 
yesterday, surprisingly.  She's getting more 
used to my mother so she actually sat on her
lap for a while without much coercing.   Maybe
she was hoping there would be a few more
treats involved.  I gave them these treats that are
really soft and tiny so that she could have 
a few  rather than just one or two.  She's
very food oriented like most dogs.

Tomorrow is the next class "and beyond"
which is anything past first level.  So it 
will be interesting to see what it entails,
but nothing as scary as the interpreter prep,
I'm sure.  We are supposed to choose a 
Bible verse for the next interpreter class
and be able to interpret it.  I think I'm
going to do John 3:17.

17 For God did not send his Son into the world to 
condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Simply put (the way I would interpret it anyway)
is "God not send son to world to judge but
to save."  Others might interpret it differently
but that's how I plan to do it.     I think that
pretty much covers the meaning of the verse.


1 comment:

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...