Tuesday, September 13, 2016

A little birdie told me

I got this set of crazy bird stamps
in the mail yesterday .  There's 4 more 
in the set.  Guess how much I paid
for them?  Nothing!  I ordered them 
from Amazon with gift cards that I
got from Bing Rewards (now microsoft
rewards).  It only takes a few minutes
a day and about once a month
I get a 5.00 gift card.  It doesn't sound
like much but it adds up quickly.

This card is for a lady in our sign 
class who broke her wrist....



Last pic (obviously) is a top view.  I think I've
posted a double zed card before.  Or "Z" as we
Americans call it.

I started the interpreter prep class last night.
I was scared to death and about to run when
I heard what we were going to do.  Seriously.
I thought about "getting something from my
car" and leaving!  We had to write a card about
ourselves, why we wanted to learn sign, where
we thought we might go with it, things like
that.  Then we passed it to the person
on the left.  They familiarized themselves
with what was written, then the person who
wrote it read it and you had to interpret.
Naturally I got my teacher from last 
semester who, of course, already interprets.
Now I'm really freaked out.  So she begins
to read and there were only two, maybe three 
words I wasn't sure of so I tried to use a
different word that meant the same thing.
When I was done she looked at me and
said, "Oh my gosh, I can't believe how
well you did!  She even looked shocked.
I think she had her doubts about me in
the 3rd class, but much of my problem
is that I just can't understand what 
someone else is signing very well.  I
hear that will come...eventually.  That really
boosted my confidence.  I'm just so shy
about signing in front of people and don't
have confidence that what I'm signing
is right or that it will be understood.  So I'm
glad I decided to take the class in the
first place and decided not to run at the
beginning!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your 'interpret' class! I'm proud of your accomplishments!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It helped a lot with my confidence, I can tell you that. Next week we have to find a Bible verse we like and interpret that.....

      Delete

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...