Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Sleepless in Seattle

Oops, I mean sleepless in Fremont.
I hate not being able to sleep.
But laying there really drives
me crazy too, so I end up just
getting up and doing something.

I got Neelix's ashes back yesterday
and look what they gave me.




Sorry it's dark, but it's 430 am and I
didn't want to turn on a bunch of
lights.  I was so touched.  I got back
in the car and just cried.  I miss him.
Everyone says I did the right thing, but
I still have a lot of feelings of guilt.
All part of the grieving process I
have learned.

The one advantage of getting
up early is that my muse works better.
She's been on point the last few
days anyway, so I have lots of
cards to share when I have a dry spell!




I don't like this card particularly but
I do like the closure.  It doesn't open
traditionally, obviously.  I love trying
anything that opens differently.
I'm going to make another today for
my ex's grandfather in the same style so
you'll get to see a better card.



I have had this panel sitting around for
quite a while.  I made it but then didn't know
what to do with it!  I came across it
while going through some other things and
finally had some inspiration.  The enamel
dots actually were the inspiration, believe
it or not.  For some reason they just
put the card together in my mind.  I 
love the verse and as I was putting
it on the card it reminded me of a
situation I've been going through the
past few months.  Thankfully it is
now resolved.  Sometimes you just
have to look back, smile, toss that
match and walk away.  I saw that on
pinterest and it just summed up my
situation perfectly.  I should put that 
on a card!!!


4 comments:

  1. Love 'all' the cards! Can't even pick a favorite... Nellix's paw is so special. The vet did this? Our pets are part of the family, so for sure you'd miss him. Hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I imagine it's the office, although it could be her. I've never had this experience before. I've been going to this vet for about 16 years with my birds, but she just moved to this office at the beginning of the year. and she will be the vet for B'Elanna from now on. The other vet is a money grubber and nothing more. The paw print was just so precious and so unexpected!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This vet office also has a candle on the front desk with a sign that says if the candle is lit, someone is saying goodbye to their pet and to speak softly and respectfully. I've NEVER been to an office before that is so respectful of their clients.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How neat! That is one 'caring' person.

    ReplyDelete

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...