Sunday, June 5, 2016

Happy Sunday

Sorry, couldn't think of a better
title, lol.  It's a nice day out today,
but a bit on the cool side.  I'm
sure it will warm up later.  But it's
fine with me as long as it's not in
the teens and snow on the ground!
We got a gentle rain most of the day 
yesterday and I enjoyed that (except
when I had to run to the store in it)
and it's been good for the plants.
My vinca looks happy and the cherries
are turning red!  Well, dark pinkish
anyway.  It's looking like I might get
a crop of cherries this year!


I'm not crazy about this card.  It would
have looked better with a red rose, I 
think, but sadly I had to throw away a lot
of the roses that were sent to me because
most of them weren't cut out completely.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who has 
that problem!  I would have liked to 
colour inside the lines but I tried that
on another one and it got all over the die
cut.  Otherwise, it would have been 
fine, I think.  I don't know if it shows,
but the card opens along the rose cutout.
Does that even make sense?  It's cut along
the rose die cut.  I think that is cool and have
wanted to do that for a while but never had
anything that really worked for that
technique.  This absolutely does.
So, I think it could have been improved in 
a couple of ways, but I still like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...