Monday, June 20, 2016

Officially Summer!

Yesterday it became officially summer!
Correction, wrong calendar. Today
is the first day of summer.
I am so glad.  The problem is that it
goes by in the blink of an eye
and the cold and snow is back.
It seems like the winter lasts
far longer than it used to.
I know we had quite warm
weather at the start of last winter
but it didn't last long enough
for me.  It never does.

So in honour of summer, here
are two flip flop cards.



Ordinarily I don't make shaped cards,
but these were too cute to pass
up.  They will be way small for
a regular envelope, but so what?
Maybe I'll even decorate the
envelope for summer.  They are cards
that don't open.  The pattern called
for a stand on the back if you
wanted to make that but I thought
it looked rather dorky.  You can
write a little note on the back
for the recipient.
Church was awesome yesterday.
It's amazing with a little practice
will do for my courage.  Pam and
Coleen both tried to get me to face the 
congregation but I am far from 
ready for that!  I was just happy
to be able to sign fairly well from
my seat.  I made a bunch of mistakes
but no one could see me really, and
even if they do, they don't know 
the signs!
I'm worried about Sadie.  She doesn't
seem to be responding to the meds
and I worry that she might be
in pain.  She does perch though,
and doesn't seem to be having
breathing problems.
The Doctor thinks it might
be a crop infection, but without
blood tests she can't be sure.
They are expensive, so we are
adopting a "hope it works"
approach with antibiotics.  She's
not crazy about being toweled and
taking the med, but she does
pretty well considering. So a prayer
or two for her would be appreciated.

1 comment:

  1. great cards. sorry to hear about Sadie. Hoping she perks up.

    ReplyDelete

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...