Monday, June 13, 2016

Blackboard technique

Before I get to the cards, I want
to pay a tribute.  I "met" a wonderful
lady in England, Lynne.  We talked
on the phone a couple of times and
exchanged atc's (artist trading cards)
envelopes for them and other things.
She died from complications of
brittle diabetes among other health
issues.  She was a beautiful
person and an amazing artist
in many different types of art.
She will be missed.

I don't think I have quite gotten
this technique down, but here are
the attempts I've made, lol.



The birthday card says on the inside,
"you're only young once.  You can be
immature for a lifetime"!  Love it!


Playing with the northern lights technique
again.  I like it except I brought the
"stars" down too far.  I should have put
the mask up a little higher.  Oh, well.  I
think it looks pretty realistic-
from a distance!!  I showed one
to my dad once.  He lived in Alaska
for a number of years at Elmendorf
Air Force base and he said it didn't
look anything like the northern lights.
I told him it was artistic license!  Besides,
what do men know anyway?  John
was at the same base, different time,
of course, and said it looked pretty
great.  When he died I lost my
biggest supporter.

I'm going to lunch with my friend,
LuAnn today.  She is my DIL's
mom.  The kids say they have
an arranged marriage.  We used to
work together and would joke that
it would be cool if they would get
married someday.  Well, this August 
will be their 7th anniversary!
And no babies......
I don't think they ever plan to have kids.

1 comment:

  1. I like the lights. I don't think the stars are to far down. Looks sort of like snow. Very pretty! So sad that the world has lost another artist. May she rest in peace

    ReplyDelete

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...