Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Thunderstorms!

The first round missed us yesterday
and I didn't think there was
supposed to be any more.  Then
I kept hearing what I thought
was thunder, so I turned down
the TV and sure enough, it
was.  That went on for quite
a while and I thought we wouldn't
actually get any rain.  Then it
started pouring!  We really need it.
I think they need it more in the 
West, though.  My in laws' son
and family are in NM close enough
to smell the smoke.  Unfortunately I didn't 
get to see the full moon, first one on
summer solstice since 1948,
ten years before I was born.
Whenever there is any activity
in the heavens we always miss
it.  I'm not sure why that is,
but it is a fact.

Yesterday I met with a woman
who walked me through the beginning
process of medicare.  I really, really
don't want to do this, but I don't
have a choice.  I have to have
all this in place by the first of
September, so no time to waste.

On to the cards.
I love this card.  I'm not sure
how it ended up this way, but 
I'm glad it did!  I have no clue
what I'm going to do with it yet
since all the birthdays are done 
until August.  Oh, duh, my other
birthday twin.  She lives right
next door!  How crazy is that?!


This next one is for my Mom and Dad's 
anniversary which is August 11.


I'm pretty pleased with how it turned
out, too, except I think I could have
put the flower in the left hand
corner a little higher.  I made a 
smudge on the silver cardstock
which shows EVERYTHING
so I was trying to cover it up!

2 comments:

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...