Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Joseph's coat technique

This isn't actually a card because
I'm not sure what to do with
it yet, but eventually it will be.


Isn't that pretty?  It really works well with
the peacock feathers!  I'm not sure what kind
of card I could make with it but maybe
I will use the technique with a different
card.  I have done this before but not for a 
long time.  You put all different kinds of
ink down on the cardstock, then emboss 
a stamp in clear.  After that you cover
the entire thing with black (you get very inky
fingers, but I could have used a brayer I guess),
then use a paper towel to take the ink
off the stamp.  You never know what you
are going to get until you are all done.
It's really fun!



My hershey nugget cake.  It came out pretty well
for the first, and probably only, time.  The rose
is built from a die set that I've had forever and
never used for the rose itself.  I bought it years
ago on a really good sale.  I've used the little
flowers and they're cute, but I thought it
was about time I used it for what it was
meant for!


Caitee and Heath taken this month.  Isn't
he adorable?!  He looks just like
his daddy and granddaddy.  Tyler is 
an absolute clone of his father.  I've
never in my life seen a child look so
much like a parent.  If you put a
picture of the two of them together at
a similar age, no one would be able
to tell the difference.  I know, because
I tried it before with people who know
both of them, like Cody, for example!


Finally, Wyatt, who just turned 6,
showing off his card and money from
grandma.  Does $5.00 go as far
these days as it used to?  I hear a
lost tooth fetches $20.!!  We were
thrilled with a quarter or 50 cents.
Oh well, grandma isn't that rich.  Wyatt
is Andy's youngest.  He has red
hair like his momma.  All three of
her children are flaming redheads! 



2 comments:

  1. peacock feathers are pretty. Do you ever make square cards? Maybe it would look good on a larger card base. Just a thought! Still loving that nugget cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to stay away from square cards because they cost more to send. If I know I'm going to hand deliver which doesn't happen much, then I do, because I love square cards!

    ReplyDelete

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...