Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Childhood toys

Who played with an etch a 
sketch when they were kids?
I did and it was incredibly
frustrating.  Not only can I
not draw a straight line with
a ruler, but it's nearly impossible
to do it on an etch a sketch
even if I could...But
thanks to the incredible talent
of other card makers, I 
can make an etch a sketch
card!  I think it turned out 
pretty well.  It's a birthday 
card for my grandson, 
Bradley, who's birthday
is August 11, same day
as my parents' anniversary!


It almost looks real, doesn't it?

It looks like it might rain today.  We
need it so badly.  The grass is brown.
That hasn't stopped my cherry tree, 
though.  It's bowed down with
cherries!  I've had two people
picking and still tons more.  I'm 
going to have to recruit my neighbors
to help.  My dad went to eat
one the other day and found a
worm, lol.  I've probably
eaten one or two because I
didn't look, but hey, in other
countries they eat worms, 
bugs, all kinds of critters and
don't think a thing of it.  His
is the only complaint I've had...

4 comments:

  1. Cute card! I love cherries. Wish I was closer I'd be over there eating them. Did you ever try canning? Maybe you could make some cherry jam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nope, don't can. It's a good excuse to come visit! you'd better hurry, though, before the birds eat them all, LOL

      Delete
  2. The card looks great! I, too, love cherries! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...