Thursday, June 2, 2016

Hello there!

Hello first June!  I certainly hope
that the warm weather continues.
Although, a little rain would be
good too.  The grass is turning 
a bit brown although I don't want
my cherries drowned like last year,
they do need a drink to continue to
ripen!  Last year we had too much
rain and they literally rotted on the
branches!  This year I  hope to have
a good crop.  The tree is loaded and
the branches sagging.  I wanted to cherry
tree that I could pick and eat.  The person
we bought this tree from assured me
it was the closest to bing.  They just aren't 
very sweet in my opinion.  But my next
door neighbor took some 2 years 
ago and brought me a piece of pie and
a jar of jelly she made from them and was
so thrilled to be able to pick them. This
year Dianne will get first pick with my
neighbor (who is my birthday twin!) 
getting second.  Maybe I will
get another piece of pie!



I am quite into monochromatic right
now as you can see.  I still am enjoying
the bokeh technique too, but thought
it would be too boring all the time!
I like how these turned out.  They aren't
exactly monochromatic, but close enough.
I didn't have the right colours-again-
and had already started.  Don't you think
I'd check these things before hand?  Actually
not, as I just go with an idea and by the
time I realize I don't have what I want
I don't want to scrap the idea.  Also, I
pretty much have a craft store in my
craft room, so it's astounding to realize
I DON'T have what I need/want!  I
mean, how can that happen???
 
I got some awesome new stamps 
yesterday in the  mail and can't wait
to show off a card made with them.
I'm sure there will be more...



Front and inside of the card.  Isn't
it just so cool?  It's called glorious grunge
and the front of the card is actually
three different stamps!  I think
the stamp set is soooo cool!
I've been seeing it a lot on pinterest
and finally decided I just had to 
have it.  Ordinarily I don't buy
"Stampin up!" things because they
are expensive, but this set was
quite reasonable.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...