Saturday, June 18, 2016

Birthday twins

I decided while I was on a 
roll making birthday cards,
I may as well make the cards
for my birthday twins.  I will be
sending cards to 2 twins, but I
actually met another one, a doctor
I used to see.  How unusual is it
to find that many birthday twins all
in the same area? I always wanted
a twin.  This isn't exactly what
I had in mind, but it's going
to have to do!


I'm pretty happy with how this
turned out.  I am not good at flower
arrangement be it real flowers
or paper ones.  But I think
it turned out pretty well.
On the inside it says "Happy
Birthday to you" and two small
flowers to cover the tiny ink
smudges that somehow got 
on it.  The flowers are on vellum
which I then adhered to the pink card
inside.  To keep it all together
I added a ribbon through both pieces.
Ordinarily I would leave the
vellum not adhered (is that
proper English?) but I had glue
on the back of the flowers and it
would have shown through
too much.  There is no good
way to adhere something to vellum
without covering it somehow behind
the adhesive.  Brads work, I guess, 
or eyelets, but I don't use
 those too often.

Today is my grandson's grad/
going away party as he is moving
to Colorado.  I know
his sisters, brothers and
mom are going to miss him very 
much and I wish Jake all the
luck with his new life!

1 comment:

  1. well you are just on a roll with the new thinlits. Nice card. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...