Friday, June 24, 2016

Paper flowers

Wasn't there a song like that?
Paper roses, I think, by
Marie Osmond.  Wow, am I
dating myself!  No card
today.  I had trouble sleeping
last night so at 2 am I took
something to help and didn't
wake up until almost 9 am!  That
is unheard of for me.  But I do
have a couple of components
to show.  I'm not sure what I
will do with them yet.


Ideally this would be done on
double sided paper.  I don't
have any and can't find any around,
even hobby lobby, believe it or not!
I should order some, but I don't really
use it all that much, so I hate to order
a whole pack of it and having it
sitting around forever.  (like I don't
have other craft items that don't
get used often.  shhh.)

I think it would look better without
having two pieces put together, though,
and probably would stay closed a
 little better.  It's not supposed to be completely
closed, but I don't think it's supposed
to stick out that much either.


Aren't these pretty?  They are 4 separate
flower die cuts that I inked then
sprayed with water to get it ink
to move around which it didn't do to
my satisfaction.  Oh, well.  and then
you scrunch them all up.  When they
dry they're practically indestructible.  They
feel kind of like china.  It;s very cool.
I'm not sure what I'm going to use them for,
yet, but I'm thinking of making a box
and putting them on it, maybe with
some silk leaves.  To be continued...

I did go ahead and mow the lawn yesterday
so all I have to do is the trimming around
the house.  Maybe it will rain again!  I
can hope.  I hate that.  I don't mind the
mowing but I hate trimming.  I suck at
the weed whip so I just went back to
the old fashioned clippers.  I don't
hate them as much.

2 comments:

  1. yes it was Marie who sang paper roses. And yes you are dating yourself! And also remember we are not suppose to buy anymore craft stuff. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could send me some double sided paper you aren't using! ;)

    ReplyDelete

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...