Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Double zed card

I didn't name it!  Obviously it's British,
although I try to adopt all things
British because I identify with
my family's country.  I love the
words that add the "u" like "colour".
What can I say?!




3 views of the card.  Isn't it the coolest
fold?  I love it and may make more.  I have
several birthday cards in the next 2 months
so you'll be seeing a lot of those.

The other card I made is using the
distress inks which I love.  I have been up
since 230 this morning.  I was tired last  night
and went to bed about 945.  Watched TV
until about 1030.  Do the math, that's about
4 hours sleep.  :(  My sleep patterns
have never been good.  However, as I
have said before, my muse is up bright and
early in the morning so I can usually
come up with a good card or two.


I'm pretty pleased with this card
although the jury is still out on the
butterfly.  It needed something at the
bottom, but I'm not sure that was it.  But
it's done now.  It's 530 am now.  I'm thinking
I will get dressed and go to the store before
I have to wait for the a/c guy.  He will be
here between 8-10 am.  Remember when stores
weren't open all night long?  The sidewalks 
rolled up at 5 pm.  6 pm if you were lucky.  
Forget about Sundays.  You'd better make sure
you have what you need before that.  Holidays?
Those were for families.  Life was simpler
back then.  I sound so old!  I feel old.  I
just realized yesterday that I'm going to
be 58 soon!  I don't know how or when
that happened, but my mind is still at 16.  I
don't ever want to act old.  My psych
professor told us something which I've
never forgotten (hopefully I've never
mentioned this).  The only time you act
like an adult is when you have to, like
going to work, things like that.  At any
other point you act childlike.  It is a good
thing to keep in mind, I think.  Adults are 
so wrapped up in being adults that they
forget what it was like to just enjoy life
like children do. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...