Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Parakeets are parrots, too!

The poor parakeet gets left in
the dust but it really is a parrot, too.
Parrots have a hooked beak and 
two toes pointing forward and two
pointing backward.  Little parakeet,
you have been vindicated!




 This is the same pattern in different
colours and with a scarlet macaw



I like the parakeet colours much better.
I was cautioned about getting a scarlet
macaw and rightly so, because they are,
as a general rule, very nippy.  Lili isn't like
that, but she has been known to crunch
down on my finger when she knows she
is going in her cage.  She never bites, though,
and knows exactly how much pressure she
can put on me without hurting me.  That's
pretty impressive considering that huge
beak can crack a brazil nut with no problem
and probably harder things than that.  
She's a good bird.
It's supposed to be very cold again
for a couple of days.  They were reporting
2 hour delays for schools last night.
But then a warm up again.  I can't keep
up with the weather changes.  I had a headache
all day yesterday because of it.  I keep telling
myself summer is coming again.  I have
trouble believing it when I'm standing 
outside in 1 degree temps.  So, stay warm
if you're in this cold weather!

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...