Friday, January 5, 2018

New friend at coffee chat

I have to say that I didn't behave
well at coffee chat.  Mostly I talked.
I'm so ashamed of myself.  😜
On the up side I met a lady named
 Jane who, it turns out, lives literally
around the corner from me!  She 
is hard of hearing but talks mostly.
I need to get with her, and both of 
us sign.  I  gave her a ride home
since her car isn't working at the moment.

On to the card:




Unfortunately from time to time I have
to make a sympathy card.  This is for 
a friend who lost her father right before
the new year.  I say "lost" but really, they
didn't lose him, they know right where he
is and that they will see  him again some
day.  It is still painful for a Christian to
have a loved one removed from this world-
It has always fascinated me that Jesus
wept when Lazurus died even though
He knew He'd be resurrecting him.  But
we have the assurance that our loved one
is in the arms of the Father and waiting
to be reunited with us again someday.

The pattern is an old one and I added
the corners from one of the newer 
patterns.  I really like how it turned out.
I'm going to have to try that again
on other cards!

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...