Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Meteors and earthquakes!

I saw on Yahoo this morning that
Michigan had what they are pretty sure
was a meteor strike and it caused a
2.0 earthquake!  There are pictures
of it flying through the sky from
people's dashcams.  Pretty crazy stuff.
I guess they heard a big boom, too.

 

I'm making 25 of these as a gift.
Believe it or not, they take pretty
 much no time at all.  The big problem
is the size.  I got some invitations at
the dollar store so I could use the 
envelopes, but getting the size of the
card, mat and stitching mat are driving
me mad.  Where is John when I need
him?!  In order to score it I have found
that I have to fold the card in half, 
pinch it a little then lay it on the score
board.  Otherwise it doesn't come out
right no matter what I do.  This way I
have a fighting chance to get the 
score in the right place. 
For some unknown reason all the
white card stock is now called
marshmallow and is a very light violet. 
I did find some white at Joann's and
it turned out to be little more weight 
than printer paper!  Not enough 
weight for a card, for sure.  So that
part has been irritating, but overall
I like how they are coming out.
I may have to make another trip to
Joann's for the tiny gem stones, the
last time I looked they didn't have them
that tiny at Hobby lobby.  But since I
will be out today, I'll stop in.  Hopefully
I won't find anything I can't live without.

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...