Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Electric fences VS lightening

Sorry for the late post.  My dad had
a cardioversion this morning.   That's a 
fancy way of saying he had his heart
shocked.  He's had AFib for a long, 
long, time but he's been feeling very
tired and run down lately.  Part
of it has to do with the fact that he
will be 80 this month.....Anyway, the 
doctor put him to sleep and shocked
his heart.  It only took one time
and he was in sinus rhythm.   Hopefully
it will stay that way.  Sometimes it
comes back in days, weeks, months,
sometimes not at all.  As long as he's
had it, it may come back because the
heart is used to being in AFib.  I told
him he could have just done it himself
by grabbing hold of an electric fence.
So he asked the doctor about that.  
(naturally)  The doctor said he probably
would have needed to have some
lightening strike him too.  He would
have remembered all that, though, so
I guess it was better this way.  He is
fine and hopefully behaving himself
at home.


I was going to ink the edges of this guy
but forgot and put the card together.
It would have been cool to have
a few snowflakes falling, too, but alas
I had no way of doing that-that I 
could think of anyway.    I think
he's a real cutie, though.  Maybe I
should give him a name!
 
I am so tired from getting up early this
morning, but I didn't want to forget to
make a post.
 
Have a happy Tuesday!
 


 

3 comments:

  1. Frosty!? (name for snowman) Shocked to hear about your dad. Was this a scheduled appointment? Apparently, but sure hope he will be alright. I need to call him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT!!!! Hope your dad is doing better now. Please tell him I said hi, and to take care of himself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, just saw these comments. Dad is fine and says he feels really good. We just pray he will stay in rhythm. Sorry I didn't tell you, Nancy, I forgot. But he really appreciated your call!

    ReplyDelete

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...