Friday, November 4, 2016

Going postal

With a snowman that is!


Isn't this just the cutest guy?  And I
know I don't want snow, but what
else do you say when a snowman
is involved?  Without snow he'd
just be a slushie!
 
I had a crazy morning yesterday.
I stopped to get gas and discovered
my debit card missing.  I was on my
way to the bank to get some copies
for social security, so I reported it
missing and they canceled it and I
will be getting a new one.  Meanwhile,
she's doing the copies and I find it
stuffed down in the pocket of my wallet.
It slid down and I didn't realize it.  Oh 
well.  I should get the new one this
afternoon.  Then I get home and
realize the car registration is missing!
Not a good morning.  I call the bank
and sure enough they have it.  She had
forgotten to take it out of the copier.
I told her hang on to it and I'll pick
it up tomorrow when I get the new
card.  I hope today is better!
 
Tomorrow will be BUSY.  I have class
in the morning, then lunch with a friend
which works out because then I don't
have to go all the way home, turn around
and come back again.  I have to be
at the airport to pick up Larry and
Laurel (John's sister and hubby in case
I never mentioned it) who have been
basking in the sun in Florida.  But I
get something out of it.  We are stopping
at Outback on the way home.  I hope
it isn't too busy.  We'll get there early but
probably not early enough to beat the
entire Saturday night crowd.  I'm 
looking forward to it.  I haven't been
there since the first anniversary of
John's death.  
 
I need to make an appointment with
my orthopaedic doctor.  I'm worried that
he is going to want to do surgery.  The
cortisone shot lasted about 6 weeks 
this time.  Maybe 8.  Not long enough,
though.  He made some noises about
it the last time I was there.  I'm not
sure I'm in enough pain.  The pain is
pretty bad at night, though, and as I
am typing this it isn't pleasant.  I really
don't want to do it because I don't
have anyone who can help me.  I mean,
just stupid little stuff like opening the
dog food requires two hands.  The birds
would have to stay in their cages because
there's no way I can handle Lili with one hand.
It's not that I can't necessarily, just that
she would take advantage and make
me chase her around the top of
her playstand rather than step up.
She can be such a pain sometimes.
I certainly wouldn't be able to
drive for probably a week.  Even though 
I drive left handed, you still need
both hands to do things like back up.
I just need to talk to the doctor, think it all
over, pray about it
 and then make a decision.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...