Monday, November 14, 2016

Game time

I went a different route for
these journals and made a score
pad with one.  What I use now
when we play cards is just a mini 
legal pad and it works fine, but
this is much cooler, right?!


This way you can keep track of 
who wins.  Larry likes to look back
and say, "you lost this week, you
lost that week" etc.  He's such a pain!
But I love him anyway.
The bathroom floor looks so
beautiful and every time I walk in
I think I'm in the wrong house!  It 
was so nice to be able to hang out with
Mark and just have some family
time.  We don't get to do that
too often.  He even went to church
with me and got to see me sign,
so that was fun as well.  I
wish he could bring his wife, Stephanie,
with him but the only time he can 
come is weekends and that's when
she works the most at Kohl's,
especially right now with the Christmas
season coming.  I just don't get to
spend enough time with my siblings
and their spouses.  Sometimes I wish
we could go back to Mayberry times 
when no one moved across the country.
I don't think God intended us to
be so alienated from each other by
distance or by other things.  I also
think that people don't spend enough
time trying to cultivate relationships
when they aren't right around the 
corner.  It's so easy to become
complacent when you don't
see the person every day.
God created families for
a reason and I want to make sure I
let my family-and my friends- know
that I love them.  I don't think
you can say that often enough.  
Tonight is the last Monday sign class
and I am going to miss it so much!  
After Saturday-the last class for
that day-I will only get to see my
friends once a week at church.
I am sad about that.  I'm
not sure when the next ones
will begin.

Please pray for those in the wildfire
zones.  My sister isn't in any danger
(I don't think) but yesterday they
weren't allowed out except for
emergencies and the smoke was so 
thick at  one point that they could
barely see their neighbor's house.
They all need our prayers.  Thanks.   

Happy Monday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...