Monday, November 28, 2016

Christmas flowers

While I'm making these flowers
I decided I should make a couple
of cards with them as well and
I love how they turned out.



I sent my son, Nathan, a condolence
text yesterday...OSU rules!  Cody suggested
I send him a sympathy card, LOL, so I
think  I'm going to get to work on that
right away.  I don't care one way or the
other which team wins, but he does and
that's the point!  I am a Buckeye, so
why would I root for Michigan?  I hate
that state anyway, for reasons I will
not go into.  But he's so into the rivalry
that I just have to tease him about it! 
 
It's raining this morning!  I want it 
to stay rain and nothing more as I
have to drive more than an hour to
get to my appointment.
 
Yesterday, my friend, LuAnn, my
daughter in law, Pam's mother,
had a Thanksgiving dinner for family
and friends and it was wonderful talking
to everyone and sharing a meal.  There's 
something about sharing a meal with
someone that brings you closer together.
It's no mistake, I think, that Jesus broke
bread with people because it relaxes
you and puts you in a more receptive
mood.  He had certainly had 
something they needed to hear! 
I found out yesterday that my ex's
grandfather died in August and
no one told me.  After John got sick I
kind of lost touch with him, but I did
send him a card here and there.  His
son got one I sent recently and found
my phone number to let me know.
I realized that I had never asked grandpa
if he was saved.  We didn't really get
into any in depth conversations.  He
lived in Ohio, over by Cleveland, so 
we talked by phone occasionally, but 
only briefly as he just didn't want to
stay on the phone long.  It's really  hard
for me to ask people if they are saved
because I feel like they think I am
judging them.  But it's important to
know.  From now on I will try to be
less self conscious about asking people
such an important question.

Happy Monday!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...