Sunday, November 20, 2016

My Shepherd

I found some more neat patterns.
 I should not be stitching but
can't help myself.
This is for someone who
lost a little one a few months
ago.  The holidays are hard
when you've lost someone you
love and I thought maybe they
could use a little encouragement.
Their name popped into my head
the other day, unbidden, and I
always feel like that's God telling
me to send that person a card.
I don't really even know them,
having met them only once, but
God knows them and that's all
that matters, right?!


Isn't it a beautiful pattern?  I had
a terrible time with it because if
I made it small enough for a regular
sized card it was too tiny to stitch.
So I had to make it for a bigger 
card (for card makers, that's an A6)
and then it didn't come out centered,
but had lots of space at top and 
bottom.  I cut all that off and
added flowers to the bottom.  
I think it turned out OK. that way.
 
Two days ago we had a very nice
and noisy thunderstorm.  Yesterday
we had a snowstorm.  I don't like this
weather at all.  Have I ever mentioned
how much I hate cold weather?  LOL.
 
My mom spent the night in hospital
apparently with a kidney stone.
They were having trouble controlling
her pain so decided to just keep her.
I hope she is able to pass it soon.  I
have never personally had one, but
I hear they are very painful.  My dad
has had them too, and now that she
has had one it makes me wonder if
I will suffer the same fate.  I hope not.
I have enough old age issues
to have to deal with something like
that as well.  Getting old isn't for
the faint of heart. I never thought I
would get here and now I see people
born in the 70's and 80's and
wonder how in the world they could
be in their 30's and 40's.  Worst
of all, everyone looks like a kid
to me.  It's frightening!
 
Happy Sunday!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...