Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Christmas Joy

I have a couple more stitched cards
to show yet,  but I'm thinking I should
back off now, at least until I get my
next cortisone shot.  I've already
made all my patterns anyway. 


This looked a lot better in the
pattern, but I still like it.   
 
Two Halloween cards from friends that
I forgot to post:  
 
This first one from Kat in Texas
 

The second from Karen, in Cleveland
 

Both talented ladies! 
 
Today we find out which direction
our country will go in.  Something
to remember:  No matter who is
president, Christ is always King!!
When Obama got elected the first
time, John and I were in Georgia
at the aquarium.  They don't have
people at the ticket booth on the
way out; you get an electronic ticket.
So we are entering the aquarium and
they are passing out  refrigerator magnet
 that say "Deepo for president".  Deepo is their
clownfish mascot.  John put his in his
pocket and we enjoyed the day.  This is
a huge aquarium, by the way, with not one
but two whale sharks!  Those, in case anyone
is unfamiliar, are the biggest fish in the world.
We leave, go to the ticket kiosk and the ticket
won't work.  He tried and tried.  Nothing.  
Another man comes, puts his ticket in, 
pays, and is on his way.    He finally hunted
someone down who could process our
ticket manually.  The reason it wouldn't
work?  Deepo for President.  The magnet
had demagnetized the ticket!!!  And that's
what I will always remember about
Obama's first election!
 
Just think.  No more election commercials!
 
Happy election Tuesday!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...