Saturday, November 12, 2016

Off to the races!

Well, not now, but in the summer
Once a year for probably 20 years or
more, my dad and I have had a
standing date to go to the races.
I call it our father-daughter date.
We didn't go last summer because we
went to see the hot air balloons.
It would have been nice if we could
have seen them fly! Be that as
it may, he expects a race ticket 
with his birthday card every year.
His birthday is the 20th.  This
card is an older one, so if I've
already posted it, I appologise.


This is one of my favourite patterns.
On the inside I stamped a piece of
coral.  Here is the ticket:


It's been a joke between us that he
tries to use it more than once or save
it for the next year (even though he knows
he will get another one!) so I made sure
he wouldn't be able to do anything like 
that.  You have to know my dad.  In Alaska
we were at an animal preserve and the snack
bar had glacier water.  He asked the clerk
what glacier it came from.  Her blank look
was worth it, but I can't take him anywhere! 
I ended up cutting one of the flags
off because when I made it I wasn't
considering the fact that it wouldn't
fit in the envelope.  Duh.  
It sill looks good, though. 
 
I have to share yesterday's post from
my pastor's blog.  It teaches us not to
judge others.
 
 I thought I’d pass on this interesting story that I read. One evening, while waiting for a ride, a young man was standing with a crowd of people looking in the window of a taxidermist shop. In the center of the window was a large owl that attracted the attention of all who passed by. The arrogant self-appointed expert began to criticize the job done on it. “If I couldn’t do better than that,” he said pompously, “I’d find another business. Just look at it. The head is out of proportion, the pose of the body is unnatural, and the feet are pointed in the wrong direction.” Just then the owl turned his head and gave the follow a broad wink. The crowd laughed as the critic slinked away.
 
Happy Saturday!

 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...