Friday, November 25, 2016

Christmas door

I hope everyone had a nice
Thanksgiving.  Mine not so much,
but the day before made  up
for it.  Bri came and spent the 
night.  We went to the Chinese
restaurant for lunch, then to
the  movies to see "Fantastic
beasts and where to find them".
She paid for everything and
it was fantastic!  The movie was 
really wonderful, although I think
they could have picked a better 
actor for the main character.  Just
my opinion.

Here's my door card.  I made one
once before that, as I recall, turned
out much better than this one, but
I couldn't find the measurements.


The wreath is a little lopsided.
 I tried to hide that with the
bow but I should have used a 
bigger ribbon!  I would have 
liked to put beads around it
for berries, but I didn't have
any red ones.
 
It's been raining for a couple
days now, and I'm grateful it's not
snow.  For many reasons, but
mainly because we'd probably be
buried!!  I would be happy
with snow starting Christmas eve
and melting the day after Christmas.
I'd be good with that.  Otherwise,
I'd just rather have a decorated
palm tree.  I remember those from
when I went to Ft. Meyers when
I was 12.  It was over Christmas and
I was fascinated by the fact that
they strung lights all the way up
the palm trees.  I don't remember
if they ever did that in California
or South Carolina, but I've never
forgotten seeing that in Florida.
Oh, how I wish I was there now!
 
Happy Friday!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...