Friday, November 11, 2016

Flower power

I made a cork board yesterday
That i think turned out so well.
It has magnets on the back so
it can be hung on the fridge.


This is a close up of the flower
 

I wish I'd done a better job of inking
it because you can't really tell, but
on the next one I will.  I cut 4 different
sizes of flowers, inked the centers (which
is supposed to run when wet but
doesn't) then layered them togethe
 with a brad, wet them and pushed
 each layer into a bud shape.  Then you
open it all up-carefully-
and leave it all wrinkled to dry.  When
it is dry you can take the brad out,
glue the whole thing together,
and put a gemstone in the middle.  Even
though the inking didn't turn out well,
I still like it.
 
My sister said she is close enough to
the wildfires to be able to smell it,
but in no danger.  She said there 
was an 18 mile backup on the
highway yesterday!  I hope everyone
makes it out safely.
 
Smile!  It's Friday!
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks. I was pretty pleased. I made another with pink flowers and the ink spread more making it much prettier. I sprayed those with gold tattered angels. then some brown ones that ended up looking like grocery bags. Very cool indeed!

      Delete

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...