Sunday, November 6, 2016

Happy early birthday!

Pam's birthday is the 8th
but I won't see her that day so
I let her have her gift early.  She
is a huge Harry Potter fan so I
try to make things for that theme.
Sirius is her favourite character
so.......
 


I was so proud of myself for the
cleverness!  I was going to try
to make the front of the uniform the
students wear, but then I  had this
idea.  The only thing I think would have
been better is for the inside to  say
"have a happy birthday"  like it was
a demand.  Oh well.
 

The potions-of course.  Some of
them settled to the bottom, but a little 
shake and they look fine again.  I burned
the edges around the names which makes
it look old, I think.  It was pretty smelly,
too.  I did it in the garage, of course.
The shelf is made from foam board.
 I've never worked with that before and
it was a challenge.  It's still sits just
a little crooked but she can always find
a cute little shelf I guess.  I just love
the little teeny bottles!  I love miniature
anything.  
 
I had a great time yesterday.  Class was
challenging because it was a strange
concept:  "you choose me"  you would
say yourself first then the other person
using a directional verb.  It is so
confusing.  We would point to someone
and say you...point to ourselves, choose
me.  Not so in sign.   Very confusing.
I don't think I really  have it down.
 
I spent a few hours with Coleen and
then headed to the airport.  I got there 
right after their plane landed, so it
was excellent timing.  We had a 
waiter at Outback that I don't
think had been doing it long or he just
wasn't good, one of the two.  Very slow
and forgetful.  He seemed very
unsure of himself so I think he was
new.  Anyway, I over ate.  They over
ate.  That bloomin' onion was one
of the best onions I've bloomin' ever
had!   It wasn't as greasy as usual.  
I'm glad Outback isn't too close.
It keeps it special for one thing, but
another, I always eat too much.  It's
just so good!!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...