Friday, July 1, 2016

A note of encouragement

My brother and sister in law
have been dealing with a hard
situation for a long time now.  I'm
really proud of them for keeping their
marriage strong through it and also
their faith in God.  Every so often 
I like to send them cards just to
let them know I'm thinking about
them and praying for them.
I'm hoping the situation will ease
up before long, but life doesn't
always work that way.  Until that
time they are relying on God and
each other to deal with it.
That is so hard to do.  I was praying
this morning and telling God it's
hard enough to rely on someone
when you can see, touch, hear
them.  Harder still for us to
trust God when all we have is faith.
Sometimes that faith wavers.
At least it does in me.  Every once
in a while I hear that voice that says,
"yeah, but what if God is just a 
nice story?"  I know that's Satan
whispering in my ear and I know
it's not true.  But it's hard sometimes.
I know I'm not the only one who
goes through that.  Even though they've
probably had the same feelings at some
point throughout this trial, I know
they also believe and trust that
God will see them through this safely.


I stamped a musical score on white
vellum and then embossed the flower.
I really need to find fine detail gold embossing
powder.  I can't find embossing powder 
anywhere around here, actually.  I think hobby
lobby has a couple colours.  I will probably
have to order it online but I keep forgetting.
Other than that I think it turned out OK.


More fun with the distress ink.  I also
stamped some script in the top and 
bottom corners, used an octagon stencil
and some splatters.  I love how it
turned out.  I added the feathers to
make it look a little more manly!


This morning I'm practicing signing the
songs for Sunday with a friend and then
going to our usual Friday lunch with
Dianne.  We're going to a place that
has one of my favourite salads.  It's a
regular salad with chicken, but they
toss the salad in hot sauce!  I would
never have thought of that, but it is
so good!!!  My mouth waters just 
thinking about it.  I've seen a commercial
about Reeces Peanut butter cups that
says your mouth isn't watering, it's crying
tears of joy.  Maybe that's what's going
on with me.  I don't like reeces, but I do
love this salad!

No comments:

Post a Comment

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...