Monday, July 4, 2016

Happy Independence Day!

My neighbors celebrated last night.
Well, to be fair, they've been celebrating
all weekend, but last night was louder than
the other evenings and the guy across
the street had fireworks that actually
went up and sprayed like the ones you see
when you go out and watch them.  I'm
kind of burned out on fireworks, having
seen the same displays over and over, but
when they're visible from your front yard,
why not watch?  The best fireworks I've
ever seen was when I lived right outside
of Las Vegas, in a town called Henderson.
It was small then....Anyway, Las Vegas did
a wonderful job and we could see them
from our house!
I'll be surprised if any of my neighbors
have any fireworks left for tonight which
is the REAL independence day, but they
may surprise me.  Last night I had a
pretty bad headache so I pretended they
were thunder and went right to sleep.  
John would have called the cops.  He
was just that kind of guy, LOL.  I mean, 
they were shooting them off well after midnight
but I don't care.  It's only one time
a year.  Except for new years eve.
Except for Sonny's birthday.  Except
for The lady who had triplets.
Except for...except for...I'm just kidding.
My neighbors are pretty reasonable.

Yesterday my son, Nathan, his wife, Crystal
and Bri all came over.  I guess Ethan was
busy with teenager things.  We all had
a great visit.  I thought about taking a
picture of all of us then got distracted.


I have a script stamp but it wasn't a full 
page so when I saw this one about a month
ago I jumped on it.  It didn't hurt that I 
had a 40% off coupon.  I just love the
saying on the picture.  It's so true.  God never
told us anything would be easy.  In fact,
He told us it would be hard, but that
He would help us through it.  If things
were easy we wouldn't need God. 

Yesterday my friend, Coleen,  interpreted
for the church service.  She's been signing 
for 4 years, but even so, that's a scary thing. 
 She did wonderfully, but said she kept wanting
to switch places with Pam.  Pam interprets
for a living at a school and has been doing
it for 25 years.  I'm so proud of Coleen for
resisting Satan and continuing.  We really have
to listen to the "Voice of Truth" as the song
by Casting Crowns says.  Satan does his 
best to drown that voice out, but we have
to tune him out and tune into God.  Not
so easy sometimes when the hard
times come.  And that's when we
need Him the most.  How tempting it
is to just do it alone.  I don't know about
you, but every time I try I fall flat on
my face.  I don't think I'll ever be
ready to sign for the church.  Right now 
I'm lucky to keep up with the choruses
of most of the songs.  But if I am ever
called to do it I hope I will listen to
His voice and trust Him to get me through.


5 comments:

  1. Love the card! Happy Independence Day to you too! Glad you had a great visit with your kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. You are really getting good at this blog thing! I love the stamp and your message.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. You are really getting good at this blog thing! I love the stamp and your message.

    ReplyDelete

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...