Saturday, July 23, 2016

Batman junior


My grandson, Tyler, posted this
a few days ago.  I can't believe Heath
is six months already.  Things change
so much in six months.  Babies, life in
general.  There are times when I wish I
could turn back time.  (wasn't that a
song by Cher??!)  but God moves
us on for a reason.  He puts people
in our lives and then just that quickly
yanks them back out again.  No
explanation.  Sometimes we can
surmise the reasons behind His decisions
but we can never be sure, I guess.  We 
just have to go through the pain and
emerge on the other side better
because we listened to His voice.
So I guess the meaning of all this is
that when God removes someone from
your life don't go chasing after them.
He did it for a reason!  How did I
get from a sweet baby picture to all that??
Anyway, isn't he a cutie?  I am hoping
to get to meet him next month when 
I go to North Carolina to see my sister.


I haven't done spirelli in so long.  We called
it string art when we were younger....Everything
has to have a fancy name these days.  Those
were on a far larger scale, though.  This
is quick and easy.  No nails to pound
in a board, either.  I think it turned
out really well.  I'm not sure why I
got in the mood to do it, but I am afraid
you might be seeing a few more
like it.  Once I get stuck on something
like this it's hard to get out of it.

Speaking of stuck, I keep hearing "killing 
me softly" by Roberta Flack in my
head.  I haven't, to my knowledge, heard
that song in years.  So here's one for
all of you.  What if the hokey pokey really
IS what it's all about?  Now tell me you
don't sing that song in your head the
rest of the day!  Why should I be the
only one?  giggle.

2 comments:

  1. Baby Heath is so adorable! Where does he live? So happy to hear you're going to visit Robin! Love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He lives in Tennessee. Glad you liked the card!

    ReplyDelete

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...