Saturday, July 2, 2016

Inky fingers

I've been trying several techniques with
alcohol inks this morning.  Definition
of alcohol inks: (borrowed from a site)

Alcohol ink is specifically formulated to create interesting patterns and effects on a number of craft projects. The acid-free ink is permanent and dries fairly quickly. It is used to produce a shiny, metallic background or finish. Alcohol inks adhere easily to a variety of materials, many of which are often difficult to apply colorants to. While glossy paper provides better results, this ink can also be applied to acrylic, plastic, metal, foil, glass, and many non-porous surfaces.

Nothing I did this morning turned out 
like the tutorial and pictures.  I finally
gave up and went with the tried and
true method which is putting several
drops of ink, more than one colour
usually, and a little blending solution
on an applicator.  Then I "pounced"
it on some glossy paper.  I also
dropped some more
blending solution on the card stock
after the pouncing. The results
are different every time and usually
quite beautiful although I had some
difficulty this morning.  Maybe because
I woke up at 430 am?  I'd really like to
stop doing that, but my clock is off again,
apparently.  So here is the card
that I ended up making:


Now that I'm seeing it on the computer
it almost looks like the bokeh technique, but
it doesn't have any standard ink on it.  I
wonder if that would work on glossy paper?
Probably not.  The ink would probably
rub right off.  I don't have any white staz-on
which is made to stay on slippery surfaces.

Today would have been John's and my
17th anniversary.  Happy Anniversary,
John.  I imagine he's too busy trying to
run things in Heaven to think about trivial
things such as an anniversary that never
happened.  But I remember and it's a
bittersweet day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...