Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Our cross to bear

You know, you hear the phrase
"that's my cross to bear"
and it makes it sound like a
bad thing.  That's how people
mean it, too.  On Sunday (I know,
I'm a little slow) the pastor pointed
out something I'd never thought of
before.  Our cross to bear is the
things that bring Glory to God.
Witnessing, being there when someone
needs a friend, visiting someone
who is sick or shut in.  I never realized
that before.  But think about it-Christ's
cross to bear DID bring Glory to God.
Bearing our cross is a good thing,
not a bad thing.  I know I don't really
do much for the Kingdom.  I'd like to
be better at witnessing, but each of
us has things that we are better at than
others.  Witnessing is not a strong
point for me.  The body is made up
of many parts, both the human body
and the body of Christ.  You can't make
an arm take the place of a leg.  Each 
part has an important part to play.
So what is my cross?  I guess I'd
have to think about that for a while.


I'm sending this to Robin to send
to Mya's family.  On the inside it says
"thinking of you at this difficult time"
Doesn't that sound so feeble?  It's 
definitely  a difficult time.  What do
you say to someone who is suffering?
I just can't fathom the pain of losing
a child, especially one so young.
The fact is that I have been thinking
of them and praying for them.  It's a heartfelt
sentiment, but it just sounds hollow 
considering what they're going through.
I'm getting tired of making sympathy
cards.  I can't wait until there will
be no more sorrow, tears and death!

2 comments:

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...