Friday, July 29, 2016

On Vacation

Dianne is leaving for vacation tomorrow.
Apparently my muse is over there helping
her pack.  The last time she went, my muse
went with.  I think it's quite selfish of
Dianne to allow my muse to tag along. 
So, this is the best card I could come up
with since she is MIA once again.


This card highlights a cross charm that Karen
sent me.  Isn't it pretty?  I sure wish I could get
the ribbon to stand straight up, but it's not
going to do that unless I tie a double knot
and I don't think that would look very good.

I probably won't blog tomorrow since I
am going to the Toledo Zoo with Nathan
and Crystal.  It  will be the first time I've gone
to a zoo without John.  Well, since we were
married anyway.  We enjoyed going to
the zoo and aquariums all over, Georgia,
Tennessee, Baltimore; where I rode a 
camel at the zoo.  The first trip we took
together was Chicago.  Shedd aquarium
is the second  best aquarium in the
country with Georgia at the top.  They are
there for a reason, too.  But the best 
by far was the very first time I got to
go to a walk through aquarium!  I was 
so excited.  It was at the mall of America
in Minnesota.  It was so amazing!  I will
never forget it.  The mall was great, but
the reason I wanted to go was for the
aquarium.  And the Rainforest Cafe.  If
you've never been to one of those, I
highly recommend it.  It was a lot of
fun. So, this will be a bittersweet trip
for me, missing John.  Crystal said he
will be there with us in spirit and I beleive
that.  I also believe he would not want
me to not enjoy things just because he can't
be there with me.  We loved sharing
zoos and aquariums together.  It was "our
thing".  But to stop going to them
because he can no longer be there
with me would not be honouring his
memory.  I'm looking forward to it.
I'll take some great pictures to put
on the blog next time.  Have a great
weekend!!

5 comments:

  1. love the card! Have fun at the zoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, love the card! Toledo Zoo?! It is the best zoo! Have a great time, enjoy yourself! You can tell John all about it. I love aquariums also. We use to have a tropical fish business. Things change...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You had a tropical fish business? How cool! It must have been a lot of work, though, if you had a lot of tanks. I have a 50 gallon and it's not too much work, but that's just one tank!

      Delete
  3. He will be with you in Spirit. He will be happy to see you going back to places you love again.

    ReplyDelete

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...