Friday, July 8, 2016

Our Hope

I know I've spoken about my sister Robin's
pastor in NC and the struggle of his precious
6 year old granddaughter, Mya.
The doctors have told them that short
of a miracle, which we know our God is
capable of performing,  there is
nothing more they can do for her.  They
are keeping her comfortable.  She's been in
quite a bit of pain recently.  My heart breaks
for these people.  I cannot imagine anything
worse than losing a child.  When Nathan
was in the hospital at 2 weeks old, another
child died while I was in the room with
him.  I watched her parents grieve.  I
just can't fathom the pain.  Prayers for
this little girl and her family are greatly
appreciated.  This card is in honour
of Mya.  I've been told that her countenance
and courage have been great testimony
to her caregivers as well as her personal
testimony of Christ her Savior.  At 6 years
old, this little girl may lead others to
Christ through her suffering and death.
While this doesn't take away the pain
her family and friends feel, it gives her
life meaning.  We know that if and when
Mya dies she will be with her Savior.
I always am reminded that our pain in
these situations is shared by and experienced
as well, by Jesus.  His example speaks
loudly in two words: 'Jesus wept'  (John 11:35)
Jesus knew perfectly well that He was going
to raise Lazarus from the dead.  And yet He
wept.  He understands our pain and goes
through it with us.  I don't know how I would
have gotten through John's death without 
Him and I know that Mya's family has and will
lean heavily on the Lord.   I have to admit
that I don't understand the death of
anyone, least of all a child.  I have told
God over and over that this is not fair.  But
none of us gets a vote.  We are here on
Earth to do God's will and when our mission
is accomplished, no matter how old we are,
He will call us Home.  Please pray for Mya
and her family.  We are all praying for a
MIRACLE!

2 comments:

  1. Beautifully written Marianne. Prayers for this little one. Love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I'm grateful for all the prayers for this family.

    ReplyDelete

great design, not so great colour!

This card didn't come out like I hoped. I don't like the colour of the card stock. But it's still a great design. ...